Seasonal Full-Time Employment
Schedule and Salary
Hours: 7:30 a .m.- 4:00 p.m.
Dates: September 01, 2017–
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Application Deadline: Open until vacancy filled
How to Apply
Maintains the Zoo Grounds and Rental Facilities. Upholds the mission and values established the East Bay Zoological Society (the "Zoo") and adheres to policies and procedures as set forth by the Zoo.
- Maintains plants, shrubs, trees, lawns, parking areas, and public pathways.
- Responsible for weed abatement, and trash pick-up.
- Sets up for Zoo special events; also prepares and sets up for parties/meetings in rental facilities.
- Operates small power tools.
- Demonstrates superior customer service with both internal (i.e. co-workers) and external (vendors, park visitors, contractors, etc) guests
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and supports, the East Bay Zoological Society's mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating
instructions, confidentiality standards, and codes of behavior
- Must be able/willing to read and comprehend manuals, directions, and be able to order parts for the job at hand, as required.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, be a self-starter and work with little or no supervision; follow simple instructions.
- Must possess skills in the safe use of tools and equipment associated with landscaping and grounds.
- Good driving skills and clean DMV record/valid Class C Driver's License (must be cleared to operate Zoo vehicles).
- Active CA Driver's License with clear DMV record (ability to obtain authorization to drive from Zoo's insurance carrier).
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 75 lbs or more.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions, sometimes in or around excessive dust or dirt.
- Able to bend and twist, stand, kneel, sit, climb, walk, bend, stoop, speak and hear regularly and for long periods of time (8 hours or more)
High school diploma or GED (or greater), due to the need to read and interpret complex instructions and manuals.
No formal experience required, but previous Grounds and landscaping experience preferred.
Must be 18 years or older.
Please note that this job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and the people or person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of the personnel for this position. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant, and personnel may be required to perform duties beyond this list or outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time or as needed.
How to Apply
P.O. Box 5238
9777 Golf Links Road Oakland, CA 94605
© 2017 Oakland Zoo. All rights reserved.